If you are following the Mediterranean Diet, you may be asking "Is vegetable broth ok on the Mediterranean diet?" The answer to this question is an unequivocal YES. In fact, it's not only ok but encouraged! In this article, we'll be discussing the benefits of vegetable broth and how it fits into a Mediterranean diet.
This may also be helpful for those following keto or gluten free diets, as both are considered in compliance with Mediterranean diet guidelines!
What Is a Mediterranean Diet?
The Mediterranean Diet emphasizes eating plant-based foods, such as vegetables and fruit. The diet also includes fish, potatoes, eggs, cheese, yogurt, and nuts. It’s low in sugar, full of flavor, includes savory food, and moderate fats. Alcohol consumption is only allowed with meals on occasion. Since vegetable broth is plant based, it fits with the emphasis of the plan.
Vegan dietitian Brenda Davis, the co-author of Becoming Vegan, agrees that the Mediterranean diet is a healthy way to eat.
"The traditional dishes are relatively low in calories and very high in nutrients," says Davis. "Many people find they can still lose weight on this type of plan."
Pros and Cons of Mediterranean Diet
There are many benefits of the Mediterranean diet, which is one of the most popular diets in America.
· The Mediterranean diet has been shown to reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure as well as improve brain health.
· It reduces your risk for heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels and increasing HDL (the good) cholesterol.
· The diet also helps maintain a healthy weight.
· There is a reduced risk of colorectal cancer and other cancers on the Mediterranean diet, which can be attributed to its high content of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and olive oil (all low in fat).
· It can be expensive to buy certain foods
· There may be a need for additional guidance in certain situations
· It may be challenging to adhere to some dietary restrictions
· Consumption of alcohol raises concerns
· Nutrient deficiencies may occur
· It is not necessary to follow any guidelines
· A lengthy process
In conclusion, the Mediterranean diet is a healthy diet and there is no problem with its features. We hope that this article was helpful to you in understanding what the Mediterranean diet is and how it can benefit your health.